There is a pasta noodle out now made entirely of glucmannin which is soluble fiber.
I have purchased some of these noodles and have started trying some of the free recipes that are on their website. I have to say they are very good.
They don't have to be cooked and the noodle absorbs the flavors of the seasonings and sauces you mix with it.
This soluble fiber continues to be researched and great results keep appearing. Here are some facts about soluble fiber and particularly glucomannin. What are the health benefits of soluble fiber?
* The US Food and Drug Administration has approved food manufacturer use of the following information on product labels:
* Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include fruits, vegetables, and grain products, which also contain fiber (particularly soluble fiber), may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
* Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 3g of soluble fiber from whole oats per day may reduce the risk of heart disease.
* A low-fat diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains containing fiber, particularly soluble fiber, may lower blood cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of heart diseases, and possibly prevent some types of cancer.
* Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include a daily intake of soluble fiber from whole oats or psyllium seed may reduce the risk of heart disease.
* The American Dietetic Association recommends that people consume 20 to 35 grams of fiber per day, of which 5 to 10 grams should be soluble fiber. However, Americans typically average only about 12 to 17 grams of total fiber and only 3 to 4 grams of soluble fiber a day - about half the recommended amount. How does soluble fiber work?
Soluble fiber is the only known food component that will lower blood cholesterol when you add more to your diet. Foods high in soluble fiber help prevent sugar from rising too high after meals by keeping food in the stomach longer. Sugar is absorbed more slowly, preventing free fatty acids and triglycerides from rising too high after meals. Free fatty acids bind to insulin receptors and prevent insulin from doing its job of driving sugar from the bloodstream into cells. In addition, soluble fiber does the following:
It binds to fat in the intestines, preventing some fat absorption.
It dissolves fluids in the large intestine and forms a gel that binds with bile acids in the intestines. As a result, the liver converts more cholesterol to bile acids, and blood cholesterol levels are reduced.
It slows digestion and the absorption of nutrients, resulting in a slow and steady release of glucose from accompanying carbohydrates.
It soaks up excess bile acids found in the intestinal tract - the same acids that are converted into blood cholesterol.
It delays stomach emptying, triggering satiety (a feeling of fullness) that can be helpful in people with type 2 diabetes trying to achieve weight loss goals. The brand I have been trying is from Konjac foods. Here is some information regarding the Konjac pasta noodle.
Konjac glucomannan (KGM) is a water-soluble dietary fiber derived from the root of the Konjac plant. Konjac foods, also called Shirataki Noodles In Japan, made from Konjac Glucomannan, are traditional Chinese foods with a history spanning over two thousand years. Referred to as Moyu or Juruo in China, and Konnyaku or Shirataki Noodles in Japan, Konjac foods are a popular health food in the Asian markets. Konjac foods - Shirataki noodles ….
â€“ are naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, starch, or protein. â€“ contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories. â€“ are wheat and gluten free. â€“ are translucent and gelatinous, with no flavor of their own - they easily absorb the dominant flavors of any soup or dish. â€“ are instant and come in a variety of styles and shapes - you can simply toss salsa with Konjac instant pasta for a quick meal. can be stored in the room temperature for about one year. â€“ JAS (Japan Agricultural Standard) Organic Certificate I love recipe number #2. It makes a great tasting salad and side dish.
The noodles are cheap and you get many packets per order.
Let me know which recipe you try and your comments.
If you are looking for a zero calorie noodle that has amazing health benefits then make sure you check out