After several, several days of ice…really thick ice….we woke up to snow this morning. A lot of it. This week has been a little crazy with all the winter weather, but it looks like it is going to melt away just in time for the super bowl….
Another view down 8th street.
Brooke didn’t want to be photographed this morning, but I told her it would be good for her modeling career. Work that coffee mug..
Now onto the food…because what else do you do when you are stuck in your house again…cook and eat….repeat.
After looking through a few cookbooks and considering what ingredients we had on hand we decided on blueberry corn pancakes.
Blueberry Corn Pancakes (adapted from Veganomicon)
3/4 cup Whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons syrup (pure maple is best)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients (minus the blueberries) in another bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Heat up your skillet or griddle to medium heat. Make sure it is really warm before you start.
6. Once it is warm cook your pancakes. I don’t have much advice except to make sure you have bubbles before you flip them.
Top them as you please. Some prefer syrup. My pancakes were covered in maple yogurt (1/4 cup plain yogurt + 1 tablespoon syrup).
The nutrition facts are four about four small pancakes or a fourth of the recipe.