This list of low carb foods includes natural, whole food choices and offers healthy benefits to anyone on a low carb diet. While experts recommend that about fifty to sixty percent of your daily diet should include carbohydrates, you want to avoid simple carbs from items like doughnuts, pizza, chips and crackers. Instead, it is best to get complex carbs from the all natural low carb foods list here.
1. Carrots feature so many valuable nutrients in such a small number of calories that they really should be part of any list of low carb foods . 1 medium, raw carrot about 6-7 inches long delivers 8 grams of carbohydrates.
2. Tomatoes are pleasingly low in carbohydrates. For example, 1 medium size vine ripe tomato includes seven grams of carbs, but you don't usually consume a whole tomato, so cut that in half.
3. Broccoli is a popular member of our natural, low carb foods list. 1 whole medium stalk of broccoli contains only 8 grams of superior complex carbohydrates from a whole food source.
4. Spinach, lettuce, kale and other leafy green vegetables offer excellent nutrition from naturally, low carb foods. 1 serving, or about a cup and a half, contains only 3 grams of carbohydrates, and those are good, healthy, complex carbohydrates.
5. Nutrient dense, concentrated whole foods offer high quality nutrition with under 10 grams of carbs. These concentrated whole foods are not usually found in stores, but search for them online. This last pick may sound a bit out of the ordinary for a natural low carb foods list, but if you change your mind about nutrition and the way you approach a low carb diet, then you will see that there is a better way.