Matcha green tea is the MOST powerful antioxidant!
Posted Feb 19 2010 4:00pm
Truthfully, had I known of the powerful health benefits of matcha tea, I would have bought it a long time ago.
The key to optimal health is variety. There are many healthy foods that are packed with antioxidants and the best way to ensure that you consume as many as possible is to have as much variety in your diet as possible.
I’ve been adding DoMatcha green tea to my diet for a few months now and I can say that I’ve not had a cold and I didn’t get the flu shot (I’m not advocating not getting the flu shot, as that is a decision that you have to make with your doctor). I had also bought four months ago some Sencha green tea which has a quality that is slightly inferior to macha tea for my smoothies. I keep my DoMatcha green for tea and green tea lattes (I’ll reveal more later).
I definitely feel energize when I have my little shot of match green tea.
I know you much be asking yourself, what’s the difference between green tea and matcha green tea? I had the same question and lucky there are tea connoisseurs at pretty much any gourmet tea shop that will help you answer that question.
>>> What is matcha green tea?
Here are some interesting facts that should help you understand the incredible health benefits of matcha green tea!
* When you prepare a cup of green tea, you drink an infusion of the leaves, when you drink matcha green tea, you ingest the WHOLE leaf and not the infusion!
* Matcha tea is usually finely stone ground green tea which is traditionally used in Japanese tea ceremonies. You need a whisk to prepare the perfect cup of match agree tea!
* If you want to put things in context, I’ll tell you that 1 cup of matcha tea is equivalent to 10 cups of green tea in terms of nutritional value and antioxidant power!
* Because you are ingesting the entire leaf when drinking matcha tea, your body reaps all the benefits of the tea.
>>> Here are some of the many benefits of matcha green tea:
Studies have shown that matcha green tea is NOT to be ignored in your diet!
* It contains vitamins A, B6, B-complex, C, E, K, niacin, folate, riboflavin, thiamin, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, phosphorus and sodium.
* Matcha green tea can increase your mental sharpness and enhances your mood because it and L-Theanine and amino acids.
* Matcha green tea is a strong blood detoxifier because of the very high levels of chlorophyll!
* Matcha green tea contains 70 times more antioxidants than orange juice.
* Matcha green tea contains 9 times more beta carotene than spinach.
* Matcha green tea is rich in polyphenols.
* Matcha green tea can boost your metabolic rate by 35-40% (you do know to boosting your metabolic rate can help you burn fat!).
* Matcha green tea contains a lot more antioxidant than blueberries and pomegranates.
* Matcha green tea is the only food to contain catechin which is a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to help fight cancer. Catechins area ONLY found in green tea!
>>> Why DoMatcha green tea?
When it came to choosing my matcha tea, I did some research online and found DoMatcha tea. After reading the testimonials and reading about the history of this brand of tea, I decided this would be a good place to start my introduction in the world of matcha green tea.
I also chose DoMatcha tea because it’s 100% authentic Japanese green tea directly from Uji and Kyoto where Matcha originated and where the most premium quality Matcha green tea is being produced to this date.
The suppliers, Shohokuen, to DoMatcha tea has been in the tea business for 350 years! I figured these people knew what they were doing!
Shohokuen has won a lot of awards for the quality of their tea.
The DoMatcha tea brand is also supported by the famous Japanese tea master Mr. Kazu Handa, whose family has been in the tea business for 200 years.
I figured this incredible tea history would guarantee a high quality product.
>>> My first time drinking DoMatcha tea!
I have to say that I was a bit worried the first time I tried matcha tea because it’s sooooooo green and it smells quite grassy.
When you open your container of DoMatcha tea you’ll find a tiny red booklet filled with tea sampling suggestions. I zoomed in quickly on the DoMatcha green tea latte which I prepare with my rice milk (I do add a bit of raw sugar to sweeten it a bit).
As you can see from the photos below … it’s quite green. I did honestly hesitate before taking my first sip, but once I did and realized how delicious and comforting my cup of DoMatcha green tea latte was, I was a convert.
I should point out that matcha tea is quite a bit more expensive than green tea, but you use a tiny bit to prepare one cup of tea so your little container of tea will last you a good number of months.
If you plan of adding matcha green tea to your smoothies or Greens+ mix, I’d say that you can surely downgrade to a Sencha green tea instead since “taste” is not a priority like it would be it you were drinking the matcha green tea.
>>> A few photos of my DoMatchgreen tea latte!
>>> If you want to buy DoMatcha green tea to start enhancing your well being, you’ll find some good deals here (and you can even buy the whisk):
* DoMatcha Traditional Japanese Bamboo Green Tea Whisk by DoMatcha
* DoMatcha 2nd Harvest Matcha Green Tea, 2.82-Ounce Tin by DoMatcha
* DoMatcha Organic Matcha Green Tea, 1.06-Ounce Tin by DoMatcha
* DoMatcha Matcha Green Tea, 1.06-Ounce Tin by DoMatcha
* DoMatcha Handcrafted Japanese Matcha Bowl, Black by DoMatcha
* Chasen (Green Tea Whisk) and Small Scoop for preparing Matcha by ThinkBamboo – Cooking
>>> Here’s a video showing you how to use a whisk to prepare your matcha green tea:
>>> Here’s on showing you how to prepare a matcha latte:
>>> Here’s another really cool video showing you how to prepare a cup of matcha latte:
>>>> If you’re viewing this healthy eating or healthy living tip as part of an aggregated content stream from different sites, or as a re-blogged post, please check out the contenton the original Web site at www.EatSmartAgeSmart.com