Place all the ingredient in Vitamix or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
smoothies: a powerful daily habit The New Year is the perfect time to start a fresh commitment to health, and it doesn’t have to be hard. That’s why Navitas Naturals created the Smoothment: a motivating initiative to help people get a healthy and energized start to the New Year via the blender. This week-long program features easy and delicious 60-Second Smoothie Video recipes and exclusive tips for making smoothies full of health-giving function. Whether enjoyed in place of breakfast, lunch or snack, smoothies are a simple, ideal tool for nutritional change. Upgrade the nutrition of just one meal per day and experience a revitalizing jumpstart towards long-lasting health and vitality.
Navitas Naturals has been kind enough to offer one of my lucky readers 1 bag of superfood for participating in the Smoothment.
One reader will win a Navitas Naturals Superfood Giveaway from my site but you will also have a chance to win one from Navitas Naturals Smoothment Campaign. And as if that is not enough, they are offering 30% off all Smoothment ingredients for the full duration of the Smoothment (ends 1-9-2012). Sign up and take 30% off any 4oz, 8oz or 16oz bag of Maqui Powder, Goji Powder, Cashews, Goji Berries, Antioxidant Blend, Lucuma Powder, Wheatgrass Powder, Hemp Seeds, Chia Seeds, Cacao Powder, Hemp Powder, Maca Powder, Palm Sugar, Cacao Nibs, Acai Powder, Camu Powder or Mulberries!
All you have to do to enter the Navitas Naturals Superfood Giveaway is:(I really need to be "Liked"!)
To enter:4. "Like" me on Facebook- click here and here
1. Follow Me and add me to your Blogroll (if you are a blogger) -I love Followers!!
3. "Like" me on Eat, Drink and Be Aware click here (right hand corner)
3. Leave a comment - "sharing your favorite smoothie recipe" I love to hear from you!
All entries will be given a number and that number will be entered into the Random.org generator and drawn by 12:00pm on January 9th, 2012.
I also needed to kick off my day with a smoothie because yesterday I ate a healthy serving of 7 Layer Bean Dip along with a handful of chips while watching the Oregon Ducks versus Wisconsin Badgers in the Rose Bowl. Okay, I have to admit that I did not even know that the Oregon Ducks were in the Rose Bowl until going to work yesterday..... I know lame. But I stepped up to the plate and whipped up a batch of 7 Layer Dip! I am game for a celebration at anytime and the game was actually pretty exciting.
I healthified this dip by replacing the cream cheese layer with greek yogurt and by reducing the cheese from 2 cups to 1 cup. Believe me this dip tasted awesome and you will not miss the fat, I promise.
Guacamole- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Salt to taste (optional)
- black pepper to taste Dip- 1/2 cup Fage 2% Greek Yogurt
- 15-ounce can fat-free or vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese blend
- 2 1/4-ounce can sliced black olives (optional) Preparation:
1. Make guacamole and set aside.
2. Spread the refried beans in the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate
4. Top the beans with the greek yogurt, then top that with the guacamole.
5. Spread the tomatoes on top, then sprinkle the green onions over the top, followed by the shredded cheese and black olives if desired.
6. Serve with reduced-fat tortilla chips.
This dip is absolutely delicious! It is an oldie but a goodie and I associate this dip with Football for some reason.
By the way, the Oregon Ducks won the Rose Bowl just in case you had not heard:)
I have got a busy week ahead and am finishing my last week of work at 24 Hour Fitness and getting ready to embark on my next adventure at Portland Bootcamp .
I have not talked a whole lot about my New Year's resolutions yet but will tell you that I need to get back on track with my health and fitness goals. The holiday season is over I am ready to get lean and green in 2012!
One of my clients and I are going to do a 7-Day Jumpstart program that I got from Dawn Jackson Blatner, RD. Dawn is the author of The Flexitarian Diet that I recommend to all of my clients. Anyhow, she has come out with a 7-Day Jumpstart Program and I could not resist buying it. Everyone needs a good jumpstart from time to time and feel that the time is NOW. So stay tuned and let me know if any of you want to join us.....
I am off for now, but I hope everyone has a great rest of the day!