Fast food, I have had it with you! You make me fat and you never make me feel full! McDonalds, you are the worst. I see you revamping yourself with iced coffee and "salad options", but is the public aware that your salads have almost as many calories as your big mac?
In 2008, I am vowing to end my relationship with McDonalds for good. I have already pretty much broken up with them, but eventually they pull me back in, since I travel a lot and they just taste SO GOOD when I am on the road!
My plan to break up with McDonalds permanently:
1) Switch to "healthier" options like Wendy's, but only when i MUST eat fast food
2) Have healthy snacks on hand, especially things I can stuff in my bag when I have a non-stop day
3) Write out how much I spend monthly on eating out. What else can I spend that money on? Intrigue me, bank account, intrigue me!
4) Look at pictures of grossly overweight people. Because I don't want to be one.
5) Make a list of what I value in life. Does takeout food threaten to shorten my experiences here with heart disease and other cholesterol-related afflictions?
I am hoping this list will purge me of my McDonalds addiction forever, especially those oh so tempting chicken nuggets, yum. Wish me luck!