Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

I am and 18-year-old vegetarian who is having trouble gaining weight. Can you recommend a diet plan that will work for me?

Posted by Abhimanyu

I am also into weight training which means that I need a high calorie intake. I have a high metabolic rate so I dont gain weight easily.

 Any advice for me? 

Answers (2)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first

I would recommend checking out the calculators at to get an idea of how many calories you need based on age/height/weight and activity level. You need to add 500 calories a day to this in order to gain 1lb a week- probably in the region of 3000+ calories per day if you are active. Great foods to add into your diet are things like nuts/nut butters, avocados, etc. Aim for at least 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.

For example:

breakfast: 2 slices of wholewheat toast, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, banana and a glass of milk (600-ish cals)

snack: handful of wholegrain crackers with hummus (200-ish cals)

lunch: burrito made with wholegrain tortilla, 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup beans, 1oz cheese, sliced avocado and salsa and a yogurt mixed with 1/4 cup raisins and a few almonds (900-ish cals)

snack: granola bar, glass of milk and an apple with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (600-ish cals)

dinner: 2 servings tofu and vegetables stir-fried with sesame oil and teriyaki sauce served over 1 cup of brown rice topped with 1oz cashew nuts (700-ish cals)

snack: wholewheat english muffin with cottage cheese and fruit spread (250-ish cals)

ellie nice to be your friend in wellsphere ^_^...

i interested to join in wellsphere.....i need your help to guide me b'coz i'm still a new member in wellsphere....

NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: