Grilled Steak with Baby Portobello Mushrooms, Roasted Asparagus and Potatoes
Posted Feb 25 2010 6:07pm
Grilled Steak with Roasted Asparagus and Potatoes Serves 2
2 organic, grass fed strip steaks 1 8 oz package sliced Portobello mushrooms, rinsed 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/8 cup red wine 1 tsp minced garlic Garlic salt and pepper, to taste 1 organic sweet potato, diced 5 organic fingerling potatoes, sliced in wedges 1 large sweet onion, diced 1 bunch asparagus, ends removed 1/4 cup Dales marinade
1. Set the steaks in Dales to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes, turning half way through.
2. Preheat the grill over medium high heat, the oven to 400 degrees and spray a small pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high. Prep two baking sheets with foil and cooking spray.
3. Add the mushrooms, balsamic, red wine, minced garlic and salt and pepper to the saute pan. Once simmering, reduce the heat to low, stir occasionally.
4. Place the asparagus on one baking sheet and the potatoes on the other. Spray both with olive oil spray and season with garlic salt and pepper. Set potatoes in oven for 5 minutes. Place the asparagus in the oven as well and cook both for an additional 15 minutes. (Taste both the asparagus and potato to see if they need more time. Time will vary slightly with size of dice and asparagus.)
5. While asparagus and potatoes are cooking, spray steaks with cooking spray, season with fresh ground pepper and place on grill. Cook to desired doneness.
With any luck everything is done at the same time!