Grilled Burgers, Mushrooms and Onions with Balsamic Tamari Butter and Goat Cheese
Posted Aug 23 2010 7:17am
It's Monday once again. Back to the real world after a very fun weekend out for my birthday (which isn’t until Thursday but this was the best time for us all to meet up). We had a “couples night” out at the beach that started out at an amazing restaurant on the water called Marker 32 and then out to some fun bars at the beach for live music and dancing. We had an amazing time but I have come to the realization that I can’t party like I used to. I made it until 12:30 and everyone else outlasted the birthday girl!
2. Mix the beef through garlic into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix gently with hands until just combined. Divide into four equal burgers and spray both sides with cooking spray to coat. Wash hands.
3. Place onions through asparagus on a grill pan. Spray with cooking spray, season with garlic salt and pepper. Flip the veggies then spray with cooking spray and season.
4. Place burgers and veggie grill pan on grill. Close lid and cook for five minutes.
5. Turn side burner on grill or small burner on stove to medium heat. Add butter to small saucepan and cook until bubbly and just browning. Add tamari, honey and balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer until burgers and veggies are finished.
6. Flip burgers and veggies. Close lid and cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove both from grill and set burgers aside to rest. Toss veggies with warm balsamic butter to coat.
7. Place one burger, 1/4 asparagus, 1/4 of veggie mixture on each plate. Top each with one ounce of goat cheese.