When I was a kid, I remembered associating carrots with the Disney character, Bugs Bunny. I believe most of us have also heard or known about the benefits of this humble root. But do you know that raw carrot juice can do lots of wonders to your body? Some cool facts about raw carrot juice:
• It is the richest source of Vitamin A our body can assimilate quickly
• It also contains a rich supply of Vitamins B, C, D, E, G and K
• It helps to improve and maintain the bone structure of your teeth
• It enhances the quality of milk for nursing mothers
• A natural solvent for ulcerous and cancerous conditions
• One pint of carrot juice is more beneficial than taking 25 poungs of calcium tablets
Some of us may worry that too much of carrot juice may turn our skin ‘yellow’. Be assured that this ‘discolouration’ will eventually disappear and it is not any kind of toxicity. Infact such discolouration may indicate that the liver is getting a well-needed cleansing!
If you find straight carrot juice not too acceptable, I would recommend one of my favourites of carrot + apple or carrot + orange. Or if you are adventurous, mix it with some fresh milk.Carrot juice can be blended with most other juices too.
So with these goodness, it’s time to grab a carrot juice to ‘rejuvenate’ those starving cells in your body. Here’s some tips when preparing your carrot juice: Try to buy organic carrots to gain more benefits and better nutrition. Scrub the carrots well. Do not peel, as valuable vitamins and minerals are contained in the skin and the upper surfaces. Use a slow juicer if possible. The heat from high speed centrigugal juicer can destroy the precious enzymes in the carrots. It should be drunk immediately it is made or else save the carrot juice in an air-proof container that should then be stored in a refrigerator. Try not to keep the juice for more than 6 hours.