Happy Friday! This morning started out well. I was up early so I got a good workout in (P90X Cardio) and plan to do my usual fitness yoga at lunch.
What a great follow up to last night which was pizza night!
Pizza withdrawals have been hitting me hard; especially since bloggers seem to have pizza on the brain lately. You know me though, I have to do a lighter twist on everything, but that doesn't mean less taste.
If you like thin and crispy pizza you will love my second version of Phyllo pizza. The first one I did was a BBQ chicken and it was just as tasty. It's so easy and it is like biting into a croissant with toppings.
Our favorite local pizza place is called Picassos . They have specialty pizzas and the one we get is the St. Louis style with caramelized onions, goat cheese and grilled chicken. I'm embarrassed to say we can polish off a whole pizza, kidding ourselves that the crust is thin so it must be light. Here is my version....grilled onions and chicken (any why not throw an ear or two of corn on there while you're at it), home made pasta sauce, fresh goat cheese, basil and chives straight from my garden.
1. Preheat grill to a medium heat and oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray both sides of the chicken and onions with olive oil spray and season with seasoning of choice.
3. Spray a non stick baking pan with olive oil spray and lay the first sheet of Phyllo. Spray the top of this sheet evenly with olive oil spray and lay the next sheet. Spray again. Continue layering and spraying until all the sheets have been laid out on the pan and spray a final coat on top.
4 Top the Phyllo sheets evenly with the pasta sauce then crumbled goat cheese and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Place the onions and chicken on the grill as the Phyllo cooks. Cook until chicken tenders are cooked through and onions are charred. About 10 minutes, turning half way through.
**Keep a close eye on the chicken tenders as they are so thin they cook fast. Cook times may vary.
5 Remove chicken and onions and shred the chicken with a fork.
7. Remove the Phyllo pizza from the oven and top evenly with 1 cup of the grilled chicken and all the onions. Top with fresh basil and chives.