Ingredients -16 oz. dark chocolate, chopped (I like the big bar from Trader Joe's)
-1 cup butter (organic and raw)
-2 tablespoons strong coffee or vanilla
-8 large eggs, separated
-3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
-whipping cream or coconut cream
-sliced strawberries or other berries for garnish
Directions 1.Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a round spring-form pan with olive oil or line with parchment paper.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together over medium-low heat. Be careful not to burn chocolate. Use a whisk to incorporate the two. Add coffee or vanilla. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, separate the eggs and beat white until peaks form. Set aside.
4. Beat egg yolks and coconut palm sugar until a thick, pale yellow batter forms.
5. Add half of cooled chocolate and half of egg whites to yolk batter. Use a spatula to gently fold in. Then fold in the remainder of the other two. You do not want to beat this or overmix. This will make the cake light and fluffy instead of a a flatter, denser torte.
6. Pour batter into pan. Bake approximately 30 minutes until the center is springy or tiny holes have formed. Cool to room temperature.
7. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
8. Top with whipped cream and berries.