TGIF!! I am so happy that it’s the weekend, I feel like I need a weekend of taking it easy after last weekend’s festivities in Chicago Let’s get into all of the 5 things for this lovely Friday, shall we?
Five Things I Ate:
Sweet potato, 2 over easy eggs and 1/2 an avocado (best combo EVER. Smothered in hot sauce, like usual)
1 piece of whole wheat toast with a spread of swiss laughing cow cheese topped with some leftover grilled pork chops and buffalo sauce on top. I ate this for a snack one day this week and it’s the perfectoooo.
Another sweet potato topped with 2 eggs, sauerkraut and green olives. I was craving a sauerkraut and olive pizza so I improvised by putting in on a sweet potato and adding eggs (which in my opinion makes everything better).
Moroccan vegetable stew with a tortilla shell (sooooooo good! I was a little skeptical with all of the cinnamon in it, but it’s the perfect combo of flavors). Greek yogurt bowl with justin’s almond butter, chia seeds, pomegranate seeds and protein cereal. This baby kept me full for a solid 4 hours.
5 Things I’m Excited About
1. I practiced yoga for the first time in 5 weeks yesterday!! My shoulder is about 80% healed so I got super excited and decided to do a light and easy yoga flow in my living room. My shoulder isn’t hurting today after it so I’m hoping that tomorrow morning I can finally go back to my favorite saturday morning power yoga class. Fingers crossed! I will still need to take it easy and not put a lot of pressure on my shoulders/arms, but I’m too excited to even care about that.
2. It snowed this week (!!) and I wasn’t mentally prepared for it. It took every ounce of me to get myself to leave the house haha. Let’s just say I’m really happy that it’s all melting away this weekend since it’s going to get up to the high 50s/low 60s
3. I got put in charge of creating our Christmas eve dinner with my in-laws for next month. This has put a spark up me and the hubby’s behind to get going on our christmas gift shopping. Maybe we’ll create a miracle and have all of our shopping done before December 1st?
4. Less than 2 weeks until my my first 5k! Normally I can’t wait until Thanksgiving for all of the food (read: turkey, brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes) but this year I am more excited for my first race than the food. Blasphemy? Or nerves? Probably a little of both.
(Herky has till been running with me every now and then. I still can’t get over how he can run 2 miles for being 9 pounds.)
5. Getting to spend alllll weekend with this cutie patootie! 5 Articles You Should Read