A look into five of my favorite things from this week:
1. Superbowl Sunday Food I took the lead on the food presentation for the 2nd annual superbowl party at my hubby’s office.
We made the goal posts out of paper rolls, used the food containers to look like the stands, and masking tape for the lines
I made Iowa Girl Eats buffalo chicken meatballs (that I totally spaced on taking a picture of…they are in the red crockpot!) and they were a hit. My hubby’s office is probably the coolest place of work you will ever come across. His boss turned his office into the “bar” for the party. He even has 3 separate TV’s just in there! While watching part of the game in the “bar” lounge on the couch, we decided to rename it the VIP lounge. Very fitting for the boss’ office, eh?!
2. If you follow me on Instagram you have probably been bombarded with obnoxious amounts of my yoga poses as of late. The reason is that I’m doing two different yoga challenges this month and am having a blast! These are the poses for one challenge-
I’ve been having so, so much fun with these! The hub has been forced into being my “photographer” this month. AKA watches TV while I do yoga all over the living room and ask him every 2 seconds to take a pic while I’m in a pose. Ha! He’s such a good sport about it. Follow me on Instagram: @alishasappetite
3. Gina’s WinterShape Up workout for week 2. I’ve been consciously upping my weights this week in an effort to lift heavier and I’ve been digging it so far. I switched some things around to better suit my schedule and include my beloved yoga classes for workouts this week:
Tuesday- Workout #2 + 15 minutes tempo elliptical
Wednesday- 1 hour stairmaster (I doubled Gina’s workout because I am still burning off the million extra calories I consumed at the superbowl party)
Thursday- Workout #2 + 15 minutes tempo elliptical
Friday- 1 hour power yoga class + 30 minute HIIT on elliptical and abs workout
Saturday- Plan on going to power yoga class and Workout #2 again
4. Avocados were on sale this week, so I bought 3 and Michael unknowingly came home with 9 of them. We ate all but so far 1.5 …..that, friends, is a lot of avocados in 6 days. And no guac was made!
5. I started a part-time job this week! Some of you know that I’ve been job searching for a good chunk of time since we relocated a few months ago. The part-time job is one where it should turn into a full-time position sooner rather than later (fingers crossed!). Without going into too much detail, I’ll be working with kids. Observing/shadowing this week led to some pretty hilarious one-liners from a couple kiddos:
-I like your hair (a 6 year old boy to me)
- You work here? I thought you were a pop star. ( bahaha!)
- My mom hides the twinkies from me and my sisters.
I’m sure there will be plenty more hilarious one-liners to come.
What was your favorite dish from the superbowl?
Do you have any funny one-liners from kids to share?