While we know that Bhuja Gluten-Free Snack Mixes can help anyone maintain a safe and healthy gluten-free diet, there's clearly much more that goes into living this unique lifestyle.
Just this week the AARP published a great step-by-step guide to help people living with celiac disease successfully manage a gluten-free diet. Here's a brief look at what they had to say. To read the full article, please visit http://www.aarp.org/food/diet-nutrition/news-10-2010/embracing_a_gluten_free_lifestyle.html
1. Accept your diagnosis and stay positive.
2. Seek professional guidance from a dietitian.
3. Learn which foods contain gluten and avoid them.
4. Learn which foods are safe and how to use them.
5. Learn how to read food labels.
6. Research gluten-free vendors and specialty products.
7. Buy gluten-free cookbooks, read blogs and learn to cook.
8. Prevent cross-contamination at home by keeping everything that's gluten-free away from things containing gluten.
9. Educate your family members so they know what the diet entails and how to prevent cross-contamination.
10. Find a support group.
11. Schedule annual follow-up appointments with your doctor to make sure a gluten-free diet is in fact helping your intestines heal.
12. Start cooking.