We all know this year’s flu season started early and has been one of the most severe in years. But, the flu isn’t over yet – in fact, flu season can last through May. As a mom, I know there is nothing worse than being sick or having someone in the family come down with something like the flu.
Oh my goodness having the flu is not fun especially when you experience the sweats one moment and then cold chills the next; you can’t seem to ever get comfortable. But perhaps one of the most annoying moments is when you come across those people who are constantly coughing or sneezing without covering their mouths and when they do, they use their hands? It’s enough to make me want to scream, “What The Flu!”
To help prevent a #WTFlu moment in your household, you can help keep your family healthier this flu season by following these simple tips below:
1. Get Vaccinated – Get a yearly flu vaccine, which Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says is the most important step in protecting against flu viruses.
2. Wash Hands Frequently – Wash hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds (the time it takes to sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice).
3. Disinfect Germ Hot Spots – Hunt down and disinfect germ hot spots around the house that are touched most frequently – like doorknobs, light switches, TV and game controllers, faucets, high chairs or plastic toys – with Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes.
4. Do the Elbow Cough – Cough and sneeze into your elbow instead of your hands to help prevent the spread of germs by touch.
5. Follow Good Health Guidelines – Eat right, exercise and get plenty of sleep to help boost your body’s ability to fight the effects of colds and flu.
Dr. Daisy Sutherland is the Founder/CEO of Dr. Mommy Online . She is a doctor, author, mentor, speaker, wife & mom to 5 children. Dr. Mommy's mission is to ~ Help Busy Women and Men with her 'Get Real' approach to living a happier and healthier lifestyle. Watch for new book: 'Letting Go of Super Mom' coming out August 7, 2012. Don't forget to grab your FREE gift... 7 Simple Ways to Stay Motivated