I recently attended an incredible two day seminar with raw foods author David Wolfe. It was incredible and I took about twenty pages of notes!
I was very impressed with David. He is a genius and shared a lot of valuable information with us.
I will share with you some of the notes I took. I will break up the notes into a few parts. The first day was mostly beginner info, and the second day focused on advanced healing techniques, living foods, and superfood nutrition.
These notes are my interpretation of things David spoke about, these are not direct quotes.
Day 1- Notes from David Wolfe seminar
a. We are living in the worst of times, and the best of times. We are currently faced with a crisis. Our supermarkets are selling the worst foods in history. These ‘foods’ are full of chemicals, toxins, and carcinogens that cause disease
b. The flip side of the coin is that we now have available the best foods in our history. We have access to the most nutritious living foods, sprouts, sea vegetables, fruits, and veggies. We know the secrets of herbalism and superfood nutrition. We have the opportunity to eat the best foods in the world. This is the time that our ancestors dreamed of.
c. Anyone can eat a raw food diet. The only skill it takes is “chewing”. If you know how to put food in your mouth and chew, then you know how to eat raw foods!
It is the easiest thing to do. You don’t need any complex recipes, David doesn’t make many recipes. He basically opens the lid to his vitamix blender, tosses in various raw foods and superfoods, and hits the button. The best smoothie ever only takes a couple minutes to make.
d. Our natural diet
1.What do all wild animals eat? They eat living foods. We don’t need to worry about counting calories or reading ingredients when eating our natural diet.
One secret to success is to focus on adding foods to your diet. Don’t focus on the negative side, which is the foods you have to stop eating. Focus on eating the best foods, and how you can add them to your diet. Practice raw gourmet recipes so that raw foods taste good. When you are eating the best tasting raw foods, you won’t be tempted to eat junk foods.
1. When you are eating a living foods diet, you feel so good that you’ll never go back!
2. Raw foods failed in the past because they didn’t taste good. They mostly consisted of bland sprouted grains and veggies. Raw gourmet has transformed the natural health community.
3. As an example of feeling good through food… Living foods have complete proteins and amino acids. Cooking destroys the amino acid Tryptophan. Tryptophan creates seretonin, which helps you feel good.
4. Dr. Brian Clement says that nutrition today can be summed up as H.O.P.E. HOPE stands for Hormones, Oxygen, Phytonutrients, and Enzymes. We now know that health depends on these four nutrients, which are found only in raw foods.
Enzymes are so important …If you are reading a book on nutrition, flip to the index in the back of the book. If the book does not talk about enzymes, throw the book in the trash because it doesn’t address the most important factor of nutrition.
5. Something strange is that the FDA does not allow people to talk about the natural hormones found in food. The food we eat affects our horomones, but it is illegal to talk about these hormones.
1. David recently saw the legendary Rev. Michael Beckwith. Rev. Beckwith asked David about the latest superfood… He asked “What is the latest, greatest superfood? You always have something new!” David said Yes! The latest superfood is the Oceans Alive Marine Phytoplankton. David was skeptical at first, but then he was taking a plane ride and turns out the guy sitting next to him is the owner of Ocean’s Alive! The phytoplankton is high in minerals, chlorophyl, the essential fats DHA and EPA, and may even contain B-12
(note from Mike- A friend gave me a free bottle so I tried it out. I didn’t notice anything at first. One night I went out to play basketball with friends. I ate some phytoplankton before the game and had one of my best games of the season! I was running full speed the whole game and never got tired!)
2. Camu Camu berries – these have some of the highest levels of vitamin C out of any food. Scientific studies have shown that vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients for our bodies and we need to consume a lot of it!
3. Wild berries are incredibly high in nutrients. It is okay to Over Eat wild blueberries!
4. Cactus plants have delicious fruits. Native Americans have lived off these fruits. Aloe Vera and Noni cactus are very high in minerals.
5. Goji berries are excellent. They actually grow wild in the Arizona desert.
6. Cruciferous vegetables are really high in nutrients, they have some unique nutrients that protect us from ___. (Protect us from what? I can’t tell you, it is illegal to talk about it.) On another subject, what is that zodiac sign that starts with C?
The Queen of the cruciferous vegetables is Maca. It is a vegetable from south america and is available in most health food stores.
Coming tomorrow, Part II, discussing sprouts, herbs, seeds, nuts, sea weed, medicinal mushrooms, cacao, and juice feasting.