Did y’all know that October is Fair Trade Month? Well, it is.
When you buy Fair Trade products, you help support farmers and workers to better local communities around the world. Through Fair Trade, underprivileged families are able to eat better, provide better education for their children and improve their health and home. You can find out more great info on Fair Trade Month here , along with a pretty nifty interactive flow chart.
To celebrate, I’ll be giving away one BIG box of Fair Trade goodies to a lucky reader! And y’all? You want this box. I know because I have this box and can attest to how totally amazing it is. After traveling for weeks, I arrived home late Sunday night to find a big box at my doorstep full of Fair Trade goodies such as agave nectar, honey, chocolate, tea, quinoa, coffee, chocolate covered banana chips, lip balm, soap and more. It was like the ultimate Easter basket….in October!
Here’s a complete list of what you will find in the a-a-a-amazing prize box, along with tips on how to use the products from the Fair Trade website, as well as their Twitter name in case you love and want to support what they do!
· SunSpire Organic Chocolate Chips: Bake with these delicious chocolate chips to add a little bit of Fair Trade to your desserts!
· TCHO x 4 ( @TCHOchocolate ): TCHO is serious about chocolate: from knowing where their Fair Trade Certified cacao comes from to re-imagining what it means to taste chocolate. You’ll find yourself using words like “fruity,” “citrusy,” or “nutty” to describe this flavor experience.
· Rishi Tea Pu-erh Ginger ( @RishiTea ): Pu-erh Ginger is a full-bodied blend of spicy ginger and orange peel with Fair Trade Certified organic Pu-erh tea. Rishi’s Ancient Tree Teas are produced exclusively by the remote mountain villages of Yunnan, whose economic well-being and cultural traditions are intertwined with the ancient trees.
· Madhava Organic Fair Trade Agave Nectar ( @MadhavaSweet ): Madhava’s Agave Nectar is made from the natural juice of the Weber Blue Agave plant, which is organically grown and sustainably farmed in the Sierra Madres region of Mexico. It’s a perfect addition to oatmeal, smoothies, iced tea, cocktails and more.
· Near East Quinoa Blends ( @NearEastDish ): A balanced blend of Fair Trade Certified quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) and whole grain brown rice for a delicious, high-protein meal that helps fund organic conversion, leadership training and infrastructure improvements in rural Bolivia.
· Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( @GreenMtnCoffee ): In 2000, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters became one of the first roasters in the U.S. to offer Fair Trade Certified coffees. Now they’re the largest purchaser of Fair Trade Certified coffee in the world!
· Just Love Coffee Roasters ( @justlovecoffee ): Just Love Coffee Roasters combines their love for specialty Fair Trade Certified coffee and helping those in need. For every cup you drink, they donate a portion of their proceeds to adopting families, non-profit organizations, and the arts.
· Hand in Hand ( @handinhandsoap ): I love this triple-milled soap for its 100% natural ingredients, moisturizing shea butter, gentle glycerin, and philanthropy. Not only does each Fair Trade Certified bar save fifty square feet of rainforest, but for every bar of soap sold, Hand in Hand donates one more to help prevent water-related illness in children in developing countries.
· Traditional Medicinals: Organic Fair Trade Nighty Night – Feeling restless? Organic Nighty Night is an aromatic balance of slightly minty, mildly bitter and sweet, with notes of spice and citrus – the perfect way to relax at the end of your day.
· Traditional Medicinals: Tea Mug with Cover – Curl up with your favorite cup of Fair Trade tea with this cute Traditional Medicinals tea mug. It even comes with a handy cover to make sure your tea stays warm!
· Badger Balm ( @BadgerBalmUSA ): Badger Balm began working with Fair Trade USA in 2005 to develop its first line of products using Fair Trade ingredients. From the Creamy Cocoa Moisturizer to Lip Tint & Shimmers, their products are made with rich, organic and Fair Trade Certified cocoa butter, leaving your skin feeling refreshed and silky smooth.
· Glory Bee Fair Trade Comapi Honey: This rich Fair Trade Certified honey is produced in the Caatinga Scrub Forests of Brazil and has helped fund the construction of a local school, a community center, and new projects around safe drinking water.
· Fair Harvest ( @fairharvestfood ): Looking for an exotic twist to your favorite dish? Fair Harvest has a line of Fair Trade Certified gourmet dessert sauces inspired by original recipes from around the world.
I will be giving away one big Fair Trade box full of goodies! To enter this giveaway, just leave a comment on this post. I will pick a random winner Monday night (10/22) at 10pm PST.
This giveaway is sponsored by Fair Trade USA. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Giveaway only open to legal residents of the United States. Eat, Live, Run is not affiliated with Fair Trade USA and thus, assumes no responsibility for late or lost-in-transit prizes.