Its day 1 of our healing whole foods detox cleanse! I’m so excited to share our detox cleanse with all of you and I hope that doing it will help you start on the path to vibrant health and wellness! Carrot Apple Ginger Soup is the first blended vegetable souprecipe created for our 5 day healing whole foods detox cleanse that you will eat for both your lunch and dinner meal. This lovely soup recipe is perfect for satisfying your hunger without making you feel heavy or tired after eating it. I made the cleanse simple for you to implement by having you enjoy the same soup for both lunch and dinner. If you want more variety, you can try some of the other soups which I have on this site.
This powerhouse soup is nutrient-dense and a great choice for assisting your body with clearing out toxins and waste. Vibrant carrots, apple, white onion, celery, ginger, cinnamon, and vegetable broth are slowly simmered over low heat until tender and then puréed which creates a creamy vegan soup that tastes sumptuous without the addition of heavy cream or butter.
For me there is nothing more comforting or inviting than enjoying a bowl of hot soup when the weather turns chilly. Blended soups are really easy to make and the cooking and blending process helps breaks down the fiber in the vegetables and fruits which make them much easier for your body to digest.
Carrots are a carotene-rich vegetable that has a sweet earthy flavor that blends well with other vegetables and fruits. Carrots are a powerful source of antioxidants and phytonutrients which fight inflammation and free radicals while strengthening your immunity. Carrots also contain potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C all important nutrients for staying healthy. When carrots are eaten on a regular basis they cleanse the liver and help it to eliminate fat soluble toxins.
Apples add a lovely sweetness that is wonderful in blended soups that use carrots, celery, and ginger, all flavors that mix perfectly with their delicate flavor. Apples contain powerful phytochemicals and antioxidants which help rejuvenate and protect your body. Apples are also packed with fiber that helps stimulates the bowels to remove toxins from your body making it a fantastic intestinal cleanser. The high level of pectin in apples is wonderful for helping people with IBS and other digestive disorders.
Ginger brings a spicy warm flavor note to this soup which really enhances the carrot and apple. Ginger is a potassium-rich rhizome which is excellent for stimulating digestion and bile flow, relieving nausea, and protecting our bodies from inflammation.
Cinnamon adds just the right amount of warm spice flavor to this soup blend while giving the added benefit of blood sugar regulation and aiding digestion.
What are some of your favorite soups? Are you going to try this detox cleanse? Please take a moment to contribute to the conversation by leaving a comment below.
Share this detox cleanse with family and friends and let’s all get healthy and radiant together!
Join our holistic community by signing up for our email updates, like us on Facebook , follow us on Twitter , and pin with us on Pinterest to get all the latest healthy recipes, health tips, event notifications, and information on increasing your energy, strength, and immunity with healing whole foods and holistic lifestyle solutions.
Carrot Apple Ginger Soup
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free
Makes 2-4 servings
1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
¼ cup chopped white onion
1 chopped organic celery stalk
Unrefined sea salt to taste
2 teaspoons grated ginger
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1½ pounds organic carrots- cut into 1-inch rounds
1 large organic red delicious or Fuji apple-cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
4 cups organic vegetable broth or stock
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
¼ cup organic coconut milk-preservative free
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Place coconut oil in a medium size pot and heat over medium heat until melted and hot. Add chopped white onion, chopped celery, and sea salt to taste. Cook over medium heat until tender around 4-5 minutes.
2. Add grated ginger, cinnamon, carrot rounds, apple cubes, vegetable broth, and fresh ground black pepper to the pot. Cook soup over medium heat stirring occasionally until carrots and apple cubes are tender, around 30-40 minutes.
3. Scoop cooked vegetables and apple from the soup into a high speed blender and add coconut milk. Put top on the blender and hold top down with a towel or pot holder while you blend the hot vegetables/fruit to prevent the blender top from popping off. Blend vegetables and fruit until smooth and pour back into soup pot. If you have an immersion blender, you can just blend all the ingredients in the pot.
4. Stir soup until well combined and heat on low heat until hot but not boiling. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Stir in fresh lemon juice right before serving. Pour into soup bowl and enjoy hot.
5. Pour remaining soup into a heatproof container and cool slightly. Cover soup with a lid before placing in the refrigerator. Reheat soup for the dinner meal over medium-low heat.