- Add raisins, berries, and other fresh or dried fruits to your cereal.
- Here's a great way to get some of your 5 A Day. Buy low-fat yogurt, fruit juice, and fresh, canned, or frozen fruit to blend a quick fruit smoothie.
- Start the day off with a 12-ounce glass of 100% fruit or vegetable juice. This counts as two servings and puts you well on your way to five.
- Wake up with 5 A Day! Add sliced banana, blueberries, or raisins to cereal.
- Drink 100% fruit juice in easy-to-tote boxes or cans.
- Make a quick smoothie in the blender by puréeing peaches and/or nectarines, a touch of your favorite fruit juice, crushed ice, and a light sprinkling of nutmeg.
- Keep a big bowl of ripe summer fruit on the table for passers-by to pick up on their way out.
- Get juicy. Buy 100% fruit or vegetable juice to quench your thirst and satisfy one of your 5 A Day.
I have always been a fit guy, but always had a little weight that never would come off. But I took your advice and put a big bowl of fruit out in my kitchen -- and so whenever I got hungry I would grab an apple or whatever....bravo! I lost some weight. Thanks, plus now i get my daily fruits!
For lunch, I find a great way to fill up and add fruit to your diet is by putting some low fat cherry yogurt in a bowl, add sliced bananas, lowfat granola, and some blueberries. It is sooo good and refreshing! AND, it fills me up and makes me feel good!
Some people, like myself, hate traditional "breakfast" stuff. Here is something good: make yourself a grilled cheese with tomato slices or Granny Smith apple slices! It's kind of festive, like a sneaky midnight snack. Or, try some leftover chicken or turkey on whole wheat crackers with apple slices, pear slices, or cherries. This is really good.