Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

Boost Green Tea's Antioxidants with Lemon

Posted Oct 16 2008 7:58pm

To get the most health benefits out of a cup of green tea, make sure to squeeze a slice of lemon into your brew to help retain more if its antioxidant power.

If you drink your green tea unadulterated, you'll only reap 20 percent of its antioxidant catechins because the other 80 percent are lost when the drink passes through the digestive process. However, researchers at Purdue University discovered that by adding lemon juice to the tea you can retain 80 percent of those antioxidants.

While researchers found that other citrus fruits can boost antioxidant levels, lemon juice proved to retain the most.

Source: Purdue University
Photo Credit: Purdue Agricultural Communication photo/Tom Campbell

Related Article: New Reason to Drink Green Tea: Fights Colds and Flu

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches