From time to time I hear from Primal Blueprinters that the cost of the PB diet can be challenging. What with the cost of grass-fed/finished beef, wild caught fish and organic produce things can add up pretty quickly, they say. Apart from the fact that you’ll likely end up saving money in the long run (it’s an invest in your healthy - think no monthly medication bills and doctor visits) there are numerous ways to pinch pennies, cut corners and otherwise follow the PB diet on the cheap without compromises.
33. Do all your grocery shopping on one day of the week, and don’t spend money on food the rest of the week, no matter what.
34. Give yourself a per-day rate. $12/day? $8/day? $5/day? Once you’ve spent that much on food, you can’t spend anymore until the next day.
35. Pay with cash. People tend to spend less when they pay with cash.
36. Don’t be tricked by the “5 for $5.” Most grocery stores give the discounted price even if you buy a single item unless the tag specifies otherwise.
37. Ask for a rain check if the store is out of the sale item
38. Check for purchase limits
39. Check for sale offer requirements (need to buy 2 to get deal)
40. Get cash back rewards from your credit card company
Prepare Your Own Food
41. Prepare your own food. Clean and chop your own greens instead of buying pre-packaged. Grate your own cheese. Dice your own veggies. Make your own ice. Food manufacturers charge a premium for convenience.