7 Simple Ways to Look Way Better Fast -- Guest Piece by Nutritionist J.J. Virgin
Posted Dec 18 2008 7:32pm
How are you feeling the day after Thanksgiving? Did you over indulge? Hey, you' re human! Besides, it seems like our society encourages overdoing it on this holiday, right?
Anyhow, you can take some positive action right now.
Of course, with the holiday season officially here, we all want to look our best all the time.
I' m pleased to present the following helpful article from the renowned nutrition consultant J.J. Virgin, Ph.D.
Here are J.J.' s 7 Simple Ways to Look Better Fast:
Sparklings drinks, sugary treats, starchy snacks and the after effects of excess alcohol can lead to fluid retention and make you look heavier than you really are. Here are some easy ways to de-bloat and re-energize in hours.
1. Sip on green tea (unsweetened) throughout the day. The mild caffeine has as diuretic effect, the theanine is great for your mood, and the antioxidants can help reduce inflammation and slow down the aging process.
2. Have 1 to 2 servings of melon (honeydew, cantaloupe, canary, Tuscan…) per day. These fruits are natural diuretics as well.
3. Load up on green veggies that are specifically know for their diuretic effects -- asparagus, celery, watercress and cucumber.
4. Sweat. Get in the sauna for 30 minutes. And be sure that you are rehydrating with plenty of pure spring water too.
5. Double your bursts and add cardio recovery. For each 30-second, all-out burst you do, add 1 minute of active recovery and keep moving for 8 to 12 minutes total of bursting. And yes, you should be WIPED out by the end…. You can divide this into 2 or 3 sessions as well. An example of this would be to get on a stationary bike and pedal at 70 rpm and low resistance for 60 seconds, then crank up the resistance, stand up and pedal at 100+ rpm for 30 seconds, alternate between the 70 rpm active recovery and the 100+ bursting. You can, of course, do this with any type of exercise.
6. Take 1000 to 2000 mg of taurine and 50 to 100 mg of B6. Both of these nutrients have been shown to help with fluid balance.
7. And finally, pull the Hollywood cheat. If you like, invest in some slimming SPANX hosiery, etc.
J.J. is one of several exciting speakers lined up, starting Dec. 8, for four programs, which can help you lose weight, tone up, calm done and learn to overcome sugar cravings. Learn more now about this exciting program.