Do you know that 80% of Americans fail to follow through and achieve their New Year Resolutions?
The key to successfully achieving your goals is not simply how hard you work or how strong your willpower is – although these are important components, you also need to structure your goals in a way such that you are setting yourself up for success, find the right motivation to carry you through the rough patches, and have the right kind of support system to cheer you along and pick you up when you fall off the wagon.
In my upcoming 21 Day Jump Start group coaching program , I am determined to help folks set themselves up for success, so that they can achieve their health and wellness goals in losing weight, boosting energy, reducing stress, and eating yummy food while they go through this incredible 21 Day Jump Start program.
Of course I hope to see you in the program so that I can guide you through the ins-and-outs of goal setting, however, if you can’t wait, here are 5 things that you can do right away to set yourself up for success!
1. Set S.M.A.R.T. goals – your goals need to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bound.
2. Dig deep, ask yourself the bigger why – ask yourself why you want to achieve these goals, and don’t settle with the first answers that come to mind. Keep asking why you want to achieve a certain goal. The deeper you dig, the bigger the reason behind your desire, the more likely you will be motivated and stick with it.
3. Take baby steps– break down your goals into small, simple steps. Make 3 realistic and reasonable changes in your life every week, practice and make sure they are fully integrated into your routine before picking up the next 3 steps. Before you know it, you would have made 36 changes in your life to bring you toward your goals in just 3 months!
4. Assume total responsibility – no more victim mentality. No more blame-game. You are responsible for creating your own reality.
5. Get the right support – surround yourself with people who support your goals and your dream, and cheer you along. Let them know how they can help you if you fall off the wagon. Joining a group program is a great way to surround yourself with an immediate community of like-minded people who are there to support each other!
There is so much more that I want to share with you… if 2013 is the year that you want to finally make your goals in health and wellness happen, don’t wait any longer. Taking action is the first step to success – check out the 21 Day Jump Start group coaching program, or if you prefer a more individualized program check out my Heath Coaching Packages on my business website - Bliss Holistic Health and see how you can transform your health.
The 21 Day Jump Start program covers many aspects of health and wellness including weight management, sugar addiction, energy and mental clarity, and 21 of my Favorite Healthy and Delicious Recipes!
Speaking of recipes, I am off to work on a new one for our New Year's Feast. This is going to be a good one..... so excited! 2013 is going to be all about eating moderately, no extremes, learning to nourish my aging body with nutrient dense foods and worrying less about the number of the scale, and continuing to focus on being Happy and Healthy!