Good morning! As this post is published to the blog I will be gearing up for what the news is calling a “catastrophic” blizzard. By gearing up, I really mean that I got my hair done, bought some essential groceries (eggs, seltzer, zucchini), and gave Kork a pep talk about going to the bathroom in the snow. We are expecting about 2 feet of snow in the neighborhood. Hopefully it will be no big deal and we all move on. Fingers crossed!
In honor of Friday…
5 in 5 Friday!
I boiled it down to my four favorite categories: Food, Fitness, Fashion, Fun!
5 Food Items I Enjoyed:
1.My favorite mix lately! Turkey meatballs, zucchini noodles or chips, and Rotel tomatoes. Mix it all and enjoy! I *might* have enjoyed this exact meal more than once this week. And last week.
2. Shredded chicken with a little bbq sauce and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese all mixed together. Paired it with some cherry tomatoes that were sauteed with a little garlic salt and lemon balsamic vinegar.
3. A TON OF TEA. I’m addicted to Tazo tea right now.
4. Russian sausage and salmon caviar at our Super Bowl party. We fancy, huh?!
5. A big ol’ egg white omelet with shredded chicken, zucchini, and a little spicy salsa on top.
5 Workouts I Did:
1. Real Ryder Indoor cycling is still happening and I LOVE IT! Megan and I are thinking of ways we can continue to incorporate one class a week into our schedule after our Groupon thingy runs out. At $18/class it is a little pricey! I love the instructor though and really look forward to going on Wednesday nights. Plus, it gives me a chance to catch up with Megan at least once a week!
2. The new Love Your Booty routine from Tone It Up . During their Love Your Body Challenge they have put out a new Love Your (fill in the blank) routine each week. As the weeks progressed the workouts become cumulative. This one is my favorite though!
Enter video caption here
3. 10 Minute Trainer from Tony Horton & BeachBody. No official review on these videos yet, but whoa. Those 10 minutes can really get your heart pumping. I’ve only tried a few but they can get you sweating in just the first 3 minutes. This week I had a few busy days so it was nice to know that I could fit something in quickly with no problems.
4. Zombies Run! 5k Training . Last week Stina posted about an app that she liked called Zombies Run! She mentioned there was a 5k training version so I decided to give it a shot. It’s a mix of storytelling while walking with my own music while running. I love it and it makes the workout just fly by. I have only done two of the runs, but I’m looking forward to doing more and seeing where the story goes.
5. ZUMBA! My love, Zumba, and I had a date on Sunday. I’m making this a regular thing more often.
5 Things I Wore:
1. A new Alex & Ani bracelet ! I gave myself an early birthday present with the initial bracelet. I am a sucker for anything with my initials or a monogram.
3. Hot pink Old Navy workout shirt with thumb holes. Love, Love, Love. So comfy too!
4. Essie nail polish in Jazz and Over the Knee (ring finger). Love these neutral, but totally not boring colors.
5. Unpictured: a TON of jeans. I wore jeans every day to work this week. This is unusual but I was cold and my normal skirts just weren’t making it.
5 Things I Am Enjoying:
1. I’m participating in Katy Widrick’s 28 Day Blog Challenge . There is a great list on her site of ways to clean up, improve and fix up our blogs. I’m following the list loosely and doing some of my own changes and fixes. One of the first things I did was update my social media photo. Hey! You can see my face now!
2. Korky is a nut. He digs himself under my blankets every morning. On Wednesday as I was blow drying my hair I heard him jump off the bed. He also managed to bring all his blankets with him. He didn’t seem to mind.
3. I’m one week into my 2nd round of the DietBet game and I’m kicking butt. I came out winning $36.75 the first round! I’ve heard from a few of my friends that they joined a DietBet after reading my post about how it works . If you have joined one, let me know!!! We can all cheer each other on and win some $$$.
4. The official countdown for the big anniversary cruise with my parents is ON! We are in the 40 digits these days folks!
5. Chop, chop, chop. I got to witness Karen cut off all her locks! We had a double date at our hairdresser last night. I had my hair colored to look “natural” and she cut her hair to donate.
Her hair grows so fast (and I’m jealous) so she decided a few months ago to grow it out to donate. She was so excited as we heard the “chop, chop” and I was paranoid that my hair was going to somehow fall out too. Heh.
The final result was just too cute! She definitely can rock the shorter hair. Have you ever donated your hair or gone really short from super long?!
I hope you guys had a great week. If you are getting ready for the blizzard, stay warm and hang out with me on Twitter! If you are in warmer parts…lucky!