I love working out! I really wish I could do it more often, but recently time has not been on my side and my usual 5+ hours of exercise each week is more like 2-3 hours. I’ve had to fit in a workout where I can, and more often than not all I can spare is 30 minutes or even less. Luckily there are a lot of workouts you can do in 30 minutes that will still leave you feeling like you have worked hard. I used to feel that unless I had been out running for an hour or spent and hour and a half in the gym (yes really) I wasn’t getting a decent workout. How wrong I was! Now there is growing research that shows that short, intense workouts are more effective for most peoples needs than slower paced longer workouts. I think it all really comes down to what works for you as an individual, if you love running and have the time to go out for long runs, or are training for a half marathon then obviously those longer slower paced workouts are going to be needed. However, if like me, you workout to feel good, keep fit and healthy, and perhaps even lose a few pounds, then you can still do that in 30 minutes 5 times a week or so.
As much for myself as you lovely readers, here are 30 ideas for workouts that can all be done in less than 30 minutes! These are a mix of tougher HIIT and tabata style workouts, yoga and other random stuff, so hopefully a good selection, enjoy!
source (via Pinterest)
21. Go to the gym and do 10 minutes on 3 different cardio machines alternating 1 minute exercising as hard as you can with two minutes recovery
22. Do the house work – yes really! But, after every task do 50 jumping jacks, 40 sit ups, 30 push ups, 20 tricep dips and 10 burpees – and don’t forget to pull in your abs while you do the hoovering!
23. Sign up for a free trial with YogaGlo and take a look at all their 30 minute classes
24. Workout like a man with this full body dumbbell workout from Men’s Fitness
25. Let Jillian put you through your paces again with Yoga Meltdown level 1 via You Tube (ok, just over 30 minutes this one!)
26. Hop on your bike and go out and cycle for half an hour
27. At the gym, do 5 minutes on one of the cardio machines as hard as you can, then do a strength move using dumbbells or machines for 3 x 10 reps, repeat 3 times
28. Do this 30 minute pilates workout for strengthening your core
29. Do the fab Yoga for Runners podcast from Yoga Download (free 20 minute class)
30. Give this 5,4,3,2,1 workout a blast through twice:
sourceDo you have a favourite workout that is 30 minutes or less? Add any links to your faves in the comments! Is finding time to exercise something you struggle with?