Hope your Saturday has been absolutely fantastic. I had a hectic morning – not sure why, because I didn’t get up until 9 (the kids are really sleeping in lately!) and didn’t step foot out of the house until after 11:30. I am still melting here in GA, so we decided to go on the lake today with all our kids and their friends too:
Did I mention that the air temperature was 98 degrees, and the lake temperature was 117 degrees? It was like taking a bath…in a hot tub! About 2 hours in to our adventure the storms started to roll in so we took cover in a cove until the storm passed, then headed back to the dock.
I can’t believe all of the kids fell asleep! How often does that happen, lol!
Today I wanted to share with you all a little about myself. I tell tales about my family and friends, and share my kitchen catastrophes, but I’m not sure that I share a lot about me, at least in recent months.
So here we go…15 things about me
1. I don’t want to have any regrets in the future. NONE! Life’s too short.
2. I NEED to eat clean. I’m terribly afraid of the chemicals that are in our foods. I try my best, but sometimes I fall off of the wagon. I always get back on, though! Old habits are so terribly hard to break.
3. I really enjoy iCarly on Nickelodeon. LOL! That’s one funny show!
4. I need to enjoy life more and worry less (and chill out, I’m really tense and uptight a lot of the time, except when I’m at the gym, which is probably one of many reasons that I LOVE the gym. Actually, I LOVE my gym, not just any gym.) Maybe someday I’ll share why.
5. I REALLY want to get in better shape, even though I know I’ve become fitter over the last year because my VO2 Max went from 42 to 50 (that is the amount of oxygen that your body uses…it’s used as a measure of fitness.) I have before and after pictures from the past year, but I just don’t have enough confidence to post them in this public of a venue. What I mean about “wanting to get in better shape” is building lean muscle and dropping my fat percentage. It’s not easy, and definitely a continuous work in progress.
6. I’ve found that I can’t just “eat clean”…that I have to count calories. I ate clean for over 6 months and my weight went UP. (see 8 below, which I suspect is the reason why, among others.)
7. I am a calorie counter and scale weigh-er. I totally have to do the two of these things to stay sane, and yes, I’m just that OCD. And you know what? I’m ok with that. It’s just me. And I wish I had a YAY! Scale in pink fur, LOL:
8. I can’t eat nut butters on a regular basis because they are a complete indulgence for me, (as is coconut butter)…addictive!!! JUST LIKE CHOCOLATE!!! and yes, I will over-indulge. These are the 3 things that will send me over the edge, LOL!
My Favorite Coconut Butter...Artisana! Aaaahhhhh
9. I like to read, and read a lot. My newest endeavor is The Complete Cancer Cleanse, by Cherie Calbom. I’m petrified of cancer, as everyone should be.
10. Other books that I have downloaded to my Nook but have yet to read are Shit My Dad Says by Justin Halpern and Worst Case by James Patterson.
11. The place I’ve wanted to go since I was about 5 years old is Paris, France. I have also added Tuscany, Italy to that list.
12. I really want to write and publish a book. I asked for a typewriter when I was 4 from Santa. That’s when I wrote my first “book”. I wish I had that book today!
13. I am constantly reassessing my life: what I want to be doing, where I am going. It’s not an easy process.
14. I plan on buying a small house on the Gulf of Mexico in the next few years.
15. I enjoy blogging, and through my blogging, have begun to enjoy cooking. I never new I would be a food blogger, and it’s FUN!
With all that being said, everything that I have eaten this week has been totally CLEAN. Not one bad thing, and I’m proud of that.
And with all of that being said, maybe we should get on to the food part of my post?
I am a relatively new cook. I poached my first egg ever this week! Easy as pie.
How to poach an egg:
1. Crack 1 egg or however many eggs you want to eat into a coffee cup.
Egg. Coffee Cup.
2. Pour the egg gently into simmering water. Try not to break the yolk.
There's an egg in there!
and voila! A poached egg 1:45 minutes later!
Oh, step 3: take out of simmering water with slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
4. Commence Eating:
I found some spelt muffins at my local health food store in the freezer section. They’re yummy!
Another egg picture:
Mushroom and onion omelet with Earthgrains Wheat Berry and Honey bread with Polaner Peach All-fruit.
Dinner tonight was a Spicy Black Bean Gardenburger, with Mozzarella cheese on a spelt muffin. Green beans and salad accompanied it on my new Tuscan Olive Plates which I love:
I have been a HUGE fan of Mrs. Dash lately, especially because I can’t eat a lot of sodium. I’ve been putting it on everything!
Every night about 10:00 I am starving whether I work out or not. So I’ve been having one last meal of protein, which is good for you before bed anyway because it helps with muscle gains and repair:
Greek yogurt, stevia, cocoa powder and 1/2 a nanner. Totally satisfying and under 200 calories. Total calories today: 1204.
Well, hope you enjoyed the post. See you in the am! Sweet dreams my friends!