1. I only have junk food in the house. Well, whose fault is that? You need to have a plan. Sign up for Weight1Minute now!
2. I don’t know how to eat right. Did you know that Iowa Avenue has a resident registered dietitian who is just waiting to help anyone that “asksthedietitian”?
3. I’m too stressed out to eat right. Yes, we have a solution for that too. See Melissa's page. I attended an emotional eating teleseminar she gave and it was excellent and I highly recommend her.
4. I don’t want to give up my favorite foods. You don’t have to. Weight1minute is based on incorporating your food preferences. That is what I love about it.
5. I don’t have time to eat right. Hmm . . . Doesn’t take too much time to prepare fresh fruits and raw veggies.
6. Dietitians cost too much. Maybe, but at Iowa Avenue you can get monthly email support from a registered dietitian for $40.00 per month. You really can’t beat that price.
7. 5-a-day is too much. Serving sizes are smaller than you think:
One medium piece of fruit
¼ cup of dried fruit
½ cup chopped, canned or frozen fruit
4 oz of 100% fruit or vegetable juice
½ cup chopped, canned or frozen vegetables
1 cup of leafy greens
8. I eat all my meals out. There are solutions for that as well. Do you eat alone? If not, split an entrée with the person you are dining with. You will be doing them a favor as well. Another solution would be to only eat ½ of the meal and save the rest for another meal.
9. I can’t afford to eat right. Yes you can and if this is your challenge then I will be posting more about this issue in the future or you can always send me a message and I can start helping you now.
10. I don’t have any support at home. Iowa Avenue is a friendly place where you will receive lots of support. Don’t be shy; we are all here to help each other.
Did I miss an excuse? If so, please leave a comment. And if I haven’t, leave a comment anyway.