I wonder if I make this recipe, would I receive the same sweet neurological reaction as Fried Green Tea Ice Cream. Two cups a day of Japanese Green tea helps keep my complexion clear. It’s a great detox drink after a fried and greasy dish. I can’t wait to try this recipe in the future… when I commit to five days of exercising and eating no sweets.
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons Matcha green tea powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2-1/4 + 1 cups powdered sugar
The zest the juice of 2 lemons
1/2 tsp. vanilla
5 large eggs, separated
1 pinch salt
Italian Pistachios, for garnish
1. Prepare 1 loaf pan (9x5x3) by buttering and lining with parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper as well.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, Matcha, and baking powder.
4. In a large bowl, beat together butter and 2-1/4 cup of powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the yolks into the butter mixture, one at a time, mixing well in between each addition. Add the vanilla and the lemon zest.
6. Add dry ingredients into the butter and yolk mixture and set aside momentarily.
7. In a large clean bowl, beat the egg whites and salt together until soft peaks form.
8. Fold the beaten egg whites into the cake batter.
9. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and garnish with pistachios.
10. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until a fork or a toothpick comes out clean.
11. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
12. Making the Lemon Glaze: Whisk together 1 cup of powdered sugar and the lemon juice together. Drizzle icing over cake when it is cool.