2 Tbsp. Rice-vinegar
1 Tbsp. Thai Fish sauce
3 Tbsp. Toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp. Honey
3 Tbsp. Minced fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 small or 4 large Japanese eggplants*
Salt & Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Whisk or puree vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger and garlic to make the sauce.
3. Half eggplants lengthwise; cut large eggplants in half). With a sharp knife, make a crisscross pattern over the cut surface, but do not cut into the skin. Place eggplants on baking sheet, flesh side up.
4. Reserving a little sauce, Brush eggplants with sauce and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place eggplants in the oven and roast for 20-30 min.
6. Transfer eggplants to serving platter or bowl and brush with reserved sauce.
7. Sprinkle with minced scallions and serve.
*As usual, smaller fruits and vegetables have more flavor