Procedure for the Salmon:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375°
2. Line the sheet-pan with aluminum foil and then place the cookie rack in the pan.
3. Wash the fish filets and then pat them dry.
4. Lay down one sheet of filo dough horizontally on the counter and brush it with a thin layer of olive oil.
5. Lay a second layer of filo dough on top to the first sheet and brush it with the oil. Next, take the side end and fold it over so the corners meet. Brush the top with oil and lay a ½ sheet of dough over the top.
Salmon before wrapping
6. Spread 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons of pesto on top of the dough about the same size as the salmon filet. Set the fish on top of the sauce and then brush the dough with oil. Fold in the sides of the dough, and brush the top with oil, and then set the fish pouch on the cookie rack. Make two angular slits in the top of the dough, each about 2 inches long. Repeat this whole procedure with the remaining filets.
7. Bake the fish pouches until they are golden brown —about 20 to 25 minutes.
Today is the last day of our blog group which has been talking about and writing about Power Foods: 150 Recipes with the 38 Healthiest Ingredients , (from the editors at Martha Stewart’s Living Magazine). It’s been a lot of fun! I’d like to thank all the participants who have taken part in this collaborative effort, and especially to those who crossed the finish line. I’m looking forward to our next group hosted by Alyce at MoreTimeattheTable.blogspot . It will be a once monthly post and the subject is Ina Garten. If you would like to participate please contact Alyce at afmorgan53(at)yahoo.com.
Check out what these other bloggers have cooked up! Alyce - More Time at the Table , Ansh - Spice Roots , Martha - Simple-Nourished-Living , Minnie – The Lady 8 Home , Mireya - My Healthy Eating Habits