250g wholemeal flour pinch of salt 60ml vegetable oil 125ml cold water
oil, for frying about 250g mixed mushrooms (button, oyster, shitake), sliced 2 zucchinis, sliced 150g baby spinach dried oregano, to taste tamari, to taste 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder* black pepper, to taste 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
125g halloumi cheese, grated 3 eggs 200ml full cream milk
* I use Marigold Swiss Vegetable Vegan Bouillon Powder (Reduced Salt)
1. Preheat the oven to 175C.
2. Grease a pie dish (25cm) and set aside. Combine flour and salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add oil and water and stir to combine. Knead to make a smooth dough, transfer the dough into the pie dish and spread evenly on the bottom and the sides of the dish. Prick with a fork and bake for about 10 minutes.
3. In the mean time, prepare the filling. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan, add sliced mushrooms and zucchinis and cook for a couple of minutes. Season with oregano, tamari, vegetable stock powder and pepper. Add spinach and cook for a further few minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
4. Remove the crust from the oven, add the filling and scatter the tomatoes on top. Spread the cheese evenly on top of the filling. Break the eggs in a small bowl and whisk in milk. Pour the mixture evenly on top of the filling. Continue to bake for about 40 minutes or until the quiche seems set and the top has browned.