Heaven on earth…. this was a little pre-Valentines day practice as Raymond LOVES chocolate cake and holly success… I can honestly completely claim this recipe… I just mixed thing and hoped for the best and I was happy with the results.
Vegan-Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Cake
- 2 cups Rice Flour** (that’s what I had at homeI will try a different flour next time)
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 2/3 cups Cocoa Powder
- 1.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Grapeseed Oil (or Vegetable oil)
- 1.5 cups Hot water
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Bananas mashed
- Preheat the oven at 350°
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredientsI typically mix all the dry ingredients and slowly 1 tbsp at a time add to the wet ingredients for better mixing
- Mash banana with a fork in a separate bowl and fold in mashed banana’s into the batter. Make sure to not over mix after bananas are added
- Pour the batter in the greased pan and bake for approximately from 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Frost the cake and enjoy
** You can use All Purpose Flour just use less baking soda. Or Use whole wheat pastry flour and keep the same amount of baking soda.
- 2/3 cup softened butter (I used Earth balance)
- 4 cups powdered sugar (I also add this a little at a time and stop when I feel like it is sweet enough for me)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons Hemp Milk (or regular milk)
Mix all ingredientslet it sit in the freezer until cake is cooled… Frost the cake and enjoy!