2 cups red lentils, rinsed
8 cups stock, I used a mix of vegetable and mushroom
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 white potato, diced
1 roasted red pepper, diced
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
lemon, sliced into wedges
big handful cilantro, chopped
red pepper flakes
1. Place the red lentils in a colandar and rinse.
2. Place the washed lentils into a medium pot with the stock, potatoes, onion, paprika, and cumin.
3. Bring the pot to a boil and reduce to a simmer then loosely place a lid on the pot leaving slightly ajar as to allow some evaporation. Cook for 40 minutes until the lentils are tender.
4. Add salt, pepper, and roasted red pepper to soup then carefully ladle the soup into a blender or food processor and blend.
5. Return blended soup to the pot to heat through.
6. Serve with fresh lemon wedges, cilantro, and red pepper flakes.
Ps. If you refrigerate leftovers the soup thickens up so reheat slowly and add a splash of water if needed.