I love making bread, rolls, muffins etc from scratch. I really prefer baking to cooking, BUT there are times when I'm too tired or just in a rush to do the all Martha Stewart thing. I'm not a purist; I'm a little bit of a modern woman with old-fashioned ideals.
I came across this focaccia that tastes just like homemade but is so easy. Use it as an appetizer for an Italian meal or as a late-night snack. Perfect!
1 tube (10 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust 2 T. olive oil 2 garlic cloves, minced 1/4 t. salt 1 T. minced fresh rosemary or 1 t. dried rosemary, crushed and divided 2 to 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1. Unroll pizza crust onto a greased baking sheet.
2. Combine the oil, garlic, salt, and half of the rosemary.
3. Spread over crust.
4. Top with the tomatoes and onion.
5. Sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.