Makes 2 Servings
6 medjool dates
3 slices prosciutto
fresh plain goat cheese (small package will do)
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Slice dates down the middle on one side. Pit the date. Make sure only to cut through one side. You want to make a pocket out of the date.
3. Fill the inside of date with goat cheese. I use a butter knife and smear about a tsp worth of goat cheese into each.
4. Press the dates closed.
5. Cut the 3 slices of prosciutto in half the long way. Use one half per date. Roll up the date so that the end piece of the prosciutto is on the bottom and the slit is facing up. This way you keep the prosciutto from unwrapping and the goat cheese from flowing out.
6. Place wrapped dates onto baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes. You want the prosciutto to get nice and crispy.
7. Serve immediately.
Optional: To kick it up a notch further use either a balsamic reduction or a local honey to make zig-zags or swirls on the plate. Place the hot dates on top.