2 butternut squash, cut in two and seeded
1) Place squash upside down on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper (so the squash doesn't stick). 2) Place in a preheated 350 oven for 1 hour.
2 boneless chicken breasts 2 tablespoons olive oil Lightly salt and pepper
1) Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts and saute in olive oil on medium high heat until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. 2) Set breasts on a plate to allow to cool. Once cooled you can dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
1 small yellow onion, diced 3 tablespoons olive oil 3/4 cup Arborio rice 1/4 cup white wine 1 cup chicken broth
1) Saute onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil until golden brown. 2) Next, add the Arborio rice and saute with the onions until opaque (add the extra tablespoon of olive oil if the pan seems dry. 3) Next, add the white wine and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute until reduced. 4) Next, add the chicken broth 1/4 cup at a time until the Arborio rice is at a creamy texture- this should take 20-25 minutes. 5) Meanwhile, make the mixture below and add to the risotto before it is finished and also add the cut up sauted chicken. Mixture to add to Risotto
1 Granny Smith apple, diced 1/4 cup oats 4 Tablespoons Earth Balance butter, (you can use regular butter if you wish) 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar 2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
1) Place diced apples in small oven proof container. 2) Place the following ingredients in a food processor and blend, Place this mixture on top of the apples.
3) Bake this until mixture melts and begins to blend with the apples (10 minutes).
4) When completed take out of oven and mix into the risotto.
Optional: Add walnut pieces to the risotto at this point if you have no nut alergies.
Fill each baked butternut squash with the completed risotto mixture and place in oven (the temprature should be on broil). Allow to brown slightly (about 3-5 minutes) and serve at once.