Here are some great ways to serve up sprouts:· Add to salads.
· Combine with other vegetables in wraps, roll-ups or stir-fries.
· Use as garnish on top of soups, stews, omelets or scrambled eggs.
· Add to rice or whole-grain dishes.
· Use in sandwiches instead of lettuce.
Spring has arrived! Eat sprouts and feel alive!
Recipe of the Month: Spring Sprouting Steamer
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 summer squash
1 package mixed crunchy sprouts (lentil, adzuki, mung, garbanzo)
3 tablespoons of freshly chopped tarragon
1 tablespoon of ghee (clarified butter) or butter
4 lemon wedges
salt to taste
Directions:1. Slice zucchini and summer squash in discs about 1/4 inch thick. Steam with sprouts for about 5 minutes or until desired tenderness.
2. Toss with tarragon, ghee and salt in bowl.
3. Serve with lemon wedge.
Note: Try fresh herbs like parsley, dill, cilantro or mint for a totally different taste.