One of my favorite pasta sauce is ROASTED RED BELL PEPPER SAUCE.
The best part about this sauce is, its made from scratch using fresh ingredients.
- 3 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 hatch or jalepeno pepper (see notes)
- 1/2 med sweet onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- Herbs – I prefer fresh herbs, however I was out while making this so I used Italian Seasoning Cooking Instructions:
- Cut the peppers in half, clean the seeds and lay them, cut face up, along with peeled garlic cloves, and tomatoes on baking sheet.
- Set oven on broil @ 500°F to roast the peppers, tomatoes and garlic. Turn over so both sides are roasted.
- Roughly cut up the onion and jalepeno (if using it instead of hatch pepper) and saute in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add 1 tbsp of italian season and cook for couple min longer.
- Once the peppers are roasted place them in the food processor, along with sauteed onions and 1/4 cup pasta water. Blend until completely mixed.
- In a large bowl mix sauteed veggies, pasta, roasted green pepper and ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE.
1. Hatch peppers would be a better option in this dish. Simply roast hatch peppers at the same time as the red bell peppers and process in food processor. Otherwise sautee Jalapeno peppers