Tandoor Chef contacted me to review their Vegetable Masala Burgers a few weeks ago. They also requested me to work on a recipe which they will feature on their website. Ooooh, how exciting?!?!?!?Deep Foods, a manufacturer of Indian foods, which also owns
INGREDIENTS All natural patties made of fresh vegetables and choice spices.
PURCHASED FROMComplimentary for me. You can purchase these burgers from an Indian Grocery Store in the frozen foods section.
VeganLow CalorieLow Saturated FatNo CholesterolLow Carbohydrates
Vitamin C - 15%
CONS:High Fat - somewhat
INGREDIENTS for 2 people:
DIRECTIONS:1. Make the Cilantro Coconut Chutney , it takes 5 minutes.
2. Heat up the burgers in a Toaster Oven . I baked my burgers for 20 minutes, flipped them, and then toasted them for 10 minutes. You can also cook these on a stove without using any oil, this will be faster, but I was lazy.
3. Get the remaining ingredients out.
4. Chop the veggies.
5. Once the burgers are done, this is how they should look.
6. Toast the bread.
7. Spread a dollop of the green chutney on the non-toasted side of the bread.
8. Add mixed greens.
9. Add tomatoes.
10. Add onions.
11. Top wtih the vegetable patty.
12. Spread the chutney on the other slice of bread on the non-toasted side.
13. Top and slice the sandwich into half.
VERDICT - 4.5 / 5
In terms of taste, the Vegetable Masala Burger simply ROCKED! It tasted like a soft baked samosa made with potatoes, carrots, green chilies, peppers, and beans. These burgers were mildly spicy, you'll be able to handle it.
I cooked up these delicious burgers in my toaster oven - 20 minutes on bake and 10 minutes on toast. They toasted up nicely, however feel free to cook them on a stove top - this is a quicker option.
Now in terms of nutrition, I think this burger could have offered a bit more. They are not exactly low in fat, but they are low in calorie. I would have liked to see more fiber and protein to compensate for the added fat.
Regardless, these are the BEST FROZEN VEGGIE BURGERS I HAVE EVER HAD and in taste alone these are a 5, however with the nutrition factor I brought the value down to a 4.5. Serve these burgers in a sandwich, or eat them with a salad, or just eat them plain with some chutney. No matter which way you choose to eat them, you will love them.
Tell Me: If you tried these delicious burgers, what are your thoughts on it?