5 cups vegetable broth
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cups arborio rice
3/4 cup white wine
1 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, for a jar
3 tablespoons homemade pesto, see note below
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup ground parmesan
NOTE: Every year I harvest the basil leaves from my small garden and make pesto, the recipe can be found on this blog...Check it out! You can always use store bought pesto but you can definitely taste the difference.
1) In a medium sauce pan, warm the broth
2) In a large pot, heat the olive oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3) Add the rice to the pot and stir until it begins to turn opaque, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and salt and cook, constantly stirring, until all the wine has been absorbed.
4) Add the sun-dried tomatoes and 3/4 cups of the broth, continue to stir until all has been absorbed. Keep adding broth in this manner until you have used all the broth. Rice should become tender in 20-25 minutes.
5) Stir in the pesto, parmesan & pepper and serve at once.