Moments of the Week: Crafternoons to Beer with Straws
Posted Aug 08 2012 2:07pm
It seems like each week goes by and I forget to update you on the exciting moments of our lives on a regular basis. That is until mid-week, when I remember. Well lucky for you, it’s that time. Random photos from the week.
1. Saturday morning the girls were ready for a boat ride…
When things made a turn for weird. Juice box straws, apres ski (morning water-ski, not the usual evening snow ski) beers and baby hats. Not a great combo for these two.
2. Later in the afternoon, we did a little wake-boarding because it was too choppy to ski.
Which resulted in a more beer in the lake. At least straws were not involved, and life jackets were! Cindy and I joined in the fun and then recruited my parents and Brian + Erin. Thanks to Nana + Papa Carl for watching the girls for our afternoon out!
3. Reality came quick on Monday morning when I was at the gym bright and early to teach spin.
4. Then it was off for a day of fun at the playground with this little bed-head peanut.
5. A walk to collect our thoughts before dinner.
6. Annnnd, a normal dinner scene: Everyone needs puzzle pieces and doll clothes in their purse at the dinner table.
Funny thing is: my purse has many of the same things.
Wait, maybe that’s not funny.
7. The next day, I did an early morning run to the store and found myself missing the first days of school when I used to teach 3rd grade. So I bought Anna myself some school supplies, as if I didn’t have an entire case of school supplies in my basement. Who can resist fresh pencils and glue sticks. Especially for $0.50.
Obviously, not me.
8. So instead of laundry and dishes during nap, I started organizing the massive amount of saved recipes and workout ideas in my folder that I have been meaning to get-to. A post on this situation coming soon.
9. And since Crafternoon went so well the first time. I did another project the next day. This was partly motivated Pinterest and mostly by Potterybarn’s slightly-steeper-than-I-want-to-spend-especially-on-animal-silhoutte-wall-hangings-prices.