Finally, both ginger and turmeric have a warming effect in the body by stimulating the heart and enhancing circulation. If your hands and feet are cold and you cant seem to warm up, a cup will bring you comfort!
Now who wants a cup of liquid gold? I do!!
Liquid Gold Turmeric Latte
Makes 1 serving
1 cup fresh cashew or almond milk (regular cow's milk will work fine too)
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon ginger powder
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey (depends on how sweet you like it)
Pinch of sea salt
Optional:1 tablespoon coconut milk/cream
Note: If you want to use homemade almond milk click here for how-to directions and skip to step number 4.
1. To make cashew milk soak ½ cup raw organic cashews in water for 30 minutes. Strain cashews and place into high-speed blender.
2. Add 4 cups filtered water, a tablespoon of either maple syrup/honey/ or 1 pitted medjool date, and a pinch sea salt.
3. Blend on high for 1 minute. Pour into a glass jar and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Make sure to shake prior to using because particles will settle.
4. Pour 1 cup fresh milk into a small saucepan. Add turmeric, ginger, vanilla, maple syrup, and sea salt. Whisk together. If you want it extra creamy add the coconut milk as well.
5. Heat the mixture over medium-high heat. Begin whisking to froth the foam and reduce heat to medium-low when mixture beings to simmer. Try to keep the mixture from boiling. Continue whisking until the foam thickens. The turmeric and ginger also thicken the milk, giving the drink a creamy texture.
6. Remove from heat and pour into your favorite cup.
Enjoy your Liquid Gold Turmeric Latte! Cheers to your health!!
1. Sanmukhani J, Satodia V, Trivedi J, et al. Efficacy and Safety of Curcumin in Major Depressive Disorder: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Phytother Res. 2013 July 6: doi: 10.1002/ptr.5025
2. WHFoods: Turmeric
3. WHFoods: Ginger