This was an easy meal that I threw together Sunday night when we got home from skiing and wanted something different. Brady is a huge potato skin lover and a lover of all things spicy. This seemed like an obvious combo.
It was easy because I bought a rotisserie chicken and marinated the meat in buffalo sauce. I cooked the potatoes in the microwave and once I put them together, I threw it all in the oven. We did decided it needed a little lite blue cheese or homemade healthy ranch and some crunch from celery and/or lettuce, but it’s a perfect appetizer or easy dinner for a busy night!
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
6 medium or small potatoes
1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed
3/4 c. buffalo sauce or Frank’s
For the toppings:
12 tbsp reduced fat shredded cheese
lite ranch or blue cheese dressing
lettuce, celery or carrots
1. Remove chicken and place the meat into the buffalo sauce. Allow to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
2. While the chicken marinates, cook the potatoes by poking them with a fork and cooking them for about 5-8 minutes until they are cooked.
3. Cut the potatoes in half horizontally and scoop out the potato, leaving a very thin amount. Feel free to save the potato for later.
4. Heat oven to 425. Spray each potato skin with oil spray.
5. Place a scoop of chicken into each potato and top with cheese.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes and remove when cheese has melted and potato has crisped. Season with salt, pepper, fresh parsley
7. Top with lite ranch, blue cheese dressing or lettuce/celery!