Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

Happy Fat Tuesday!!…

Posted Feb 21 2012 7:11am

Good Morning!  Happy Fat Tuesday, aka, Mardi Gras to you!  I apologize for my lack of posting this weekend.  Then I had off from work yesterday for the President’s Day holiday.  So I decided to take a little break from the computer for a while.  Sometimes I need that on the weekend especially since during the week I am in front of the computer for 9 hours a day.  What did you do this weekend?  My weekend went by entirely too quickly.  I feel like I didn’t get to catch up on sleep either.  I keep waking up super early every morning because I can’t sleep.  I think it might be from one of the medications that I’m taking.  Oh well.

Let’s catch you up on my world now, shall we?  So on Friday, I went to my gastrointestinal doctor for my follow-up appointment.  Things went well.  We devised a plan that hopefully will help me get well.  She thinks that a week on the new medication is not enough for it to take effect.  Today is the 2nd week.  She said it could take a couple of weeks to notice a difference because I have so much inflammation going on in my colon.  Lucky me!  Sense the sarcasm there?  She doesn’t want to put me on a different medication because of all of the horrible side effects.  I don’t blame her.  I don’t want to deal with any of that being 6 months away from my wedding.  So I’m hoping that this medicine will work rather quickly.

After my appointment, I went into work a little bit later than normal.  I ended up leaving at my normal time though because I had to run to the post office to mail out our Save the Dates!  They are officially out!  So tomorrow for Wedding Talk Wednesday, I will finally share them!  So excited. I am very pleased with them.  Since I left early and came into work late,  I had to finish doing some work at home.  When I was done, Mike and I decided to try the Ground Round restaurant.  We ended up finding a high-top table in the bar area which was fine by me. Otherwise, we would have had to wait 30-45 minutes. 

They put popcorn on the table for you to munch on.  Now in my head, I knew that wasn’t a good idea for my stomach but the restaurant smelled so fragrant of popcorn, I couldn’t resist.  So I had some and just didn’t care of the after effects.  I decided to order a turkey wrap thinking that would be safe for dinner.

My turkey wrap

The wrap was really good and the fries were even better!  Lately, I’ve been a good judge of fries and these were delicious!  Mike ordered a hamburger and he really liked it too.  It was pretty reasonably priced.  So I think we’d likely go back.  Mike wanted to go to Dick’s Sporting Goods and I wanted to check out Kohl’s.  So we went there after dinner until I started feeling sick.  Ugh!  I hate that.  The rest of the night was spent with me curled up in a ball on the sofa next t Mike and the space heater.  I can’t win.
On Saturday, I woke up really early and got myself ready to bring my car in for service. They actually got done pretty quickly and I was out of there in an hour.  I was glad about that.  After my appointment, Mike and I went to Target.  I ended up doing an awesome deal and got 8 Activa yogurts for free!!  All of them were free!   I was so excited. I’m going to try eating them because they have probiotics and should be good for my stomach.  I was just happy that they were free.  It pays to coupon and check out deals!
We came back home and Mike got ready for his tennis match.  I went with him to cheer him on.  I really like people on his tennis team.  I spent most of the time talking to his teammates girlfriend.  So that was nice.  His match ended up going really late.  So we just took out food from a local pizza place near his match. 

Spaghetti with butter

I ended up eating half of it and saving the other half for dinner on Sunday.  After we were both done eating, we went around the corner to finally see Mike’s cousin’s house.  I’ve been wanting to see if for a while but I just really haven’t felt well.  They really wanted to us to see it so I figured we’d stop over for a bit.  We ended up staying for a little while until my stomach kicked in and I just wanted to go home and go to sleep.  Their place is really nice and I like that we live so close now.
On Sunday, I woke up early again and quickly got to working from home.  I ended up getting a lot more done than I expected which was nice.  When I was done, I went over to Melissa and my mom’s house.  Melissa and I spent a little while talking and then decided we wanted to Starbucks.  I ordered a green tea.  The green tea tastes odd from there.  I felt like I was drinking a string bean!  I wasn’t a huge fan of it.  What do you normally order from Starbucks?  I did see they had a green tea frappaccuino.  I think I might try it when it gets warmer.  It sounds interesting.
After Starbucks, we drove around looking at different single home developments because we were curious.  We had so much fun looking at some of these big houses.  It makes me dream and realize what I hope that I will be able to buy one day.  I loved doing that!  When we were done with that we went to a few more stores and then I ventured home.  I ate the rest of the buttered noodles.  Then Mike and I went back to Melissa and my mom’s house and picked up Melissa.  We went to Houlihans to get a drink.  Melissa and I shared a glass of wine because I wasn’t too sure about drinking the entire thing. We had fun.  I always love just sitting around with Melissa and Mike.  It makes me happy when the three of us are together laughing and having fun.  It’s fun reminiscing about when Melissa and Mike first met and everything that all of us have gone through for the past 6 years.
On Monday, I had my nutritional counseling appointment.  It ended up lasting an hour and half.  I like the counselor and she gave me some great tips and ideas to try.  She wants me to try to introduce one new thing a day and see how my stomach reacts.  So yesterday I added spinach.  I made a whole chicken in the crockpot and a baked potato.

My dinner plate


I felt beyond horrible after eating this. I think I might have made myself too much spinach and ate too much at once?  I don’t know.  It’s very frustrating.  I feel like I want to cry all the time because I don’t know what to do.  I’m just going to take things slow and try whatever I think my stomach can handle.  I bought some new things at the supermarket that I am hoping to try and we shall see what happens.  I go back to see her in 3 weeks.
Well that is what has been going on in my life lately.  I hope you have a wonderful Mardi Gras today if you are celebrating!  Eat lots of king cake!  Have a great Tuesday! 

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches