Makes a large bowl full
Ingredients1 pound fresh halibut filet
3 roma tomatoes, diced
3 organic limes
2 organic lemons
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1/2 bundle cilantro, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
fresh ground pepper
Directions1. Lay the halibut face down, and while pulling the skin back, use a sharp knife to separate the meat from the skin.
2. Dice the filet into small chunks, and put into a large bowl.
3. Zest 2 limes and 1 lemon, and put zest into bowl.
4. Juice all the limes and lemons and add juice to the bowl. Stir well
5. Leave in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
6. Add the onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, and olive oil.
7. Season with sea salt and pepper. Mix well.
8. Allow to rest at least an hour in refrigerator before serving.
I love to serve ceviche with avocado and baked corn tortillas. My favorite way to serve corn tortillas is to brush each side of the corn tortilla with a little bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Then bake in 450 degree oven until lightly crispy.
ReferencesSimopoulous, AP. The Importance of the Ratio of Omega-6/Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids. (2008)
Worlds Healthiest Foods: Halibut, Omega-3