Ways that I enjoy my granola:
Orange Sesame Granola
Makes ten ½ cup servings
2 tablespoons ground psyllium husk
Juice and zest of 1 valencia orange
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup organic maple syrup
2 tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
4 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
¼ cup whole raw almonds, coarsely chopped
¼ cup dried Zante currants
¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix together all the wet ingredients into a medium bowl and allow to sit 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Once the wet mixture has sat about 5 minutes and psyllium husk has soaked up the liquid, mix together the wet with the dry ingredients.
5. Lightly oil a large baking sheet with a paper towel and 1 teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil and evenly spread out the granola mixture onto baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Then take baking sheet out of oven to stir the granola. Return to oven for another 15 minutes. Continue to do this for a total of an hour or until granola is golden brown. Make sure to not over-bake! It is better to check on it more often than not because oven temperatures vary a lot.
7. Allow the granola to cool on counter and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Note: The granola will harden once cooled.
Sweet Defeat. Getz, L. Today's Dietitian. February 2010;12(2):30.