Perfect for Christmas dinner as a compliment to your meat dish or put on a cracker with some cream cheese for a cocktail party.
1 red apple, unpeeled
1 orange, unpeeled
1 c. seedless grapes
1 pound cranberries
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. cranberry juice
1/2 c. orange juice
1/2 c. cider vinegar
1 t. allspice
3 cinnamon sticks
1 1/2 c. walnuts. chopped
1 c. cocktail onions, drained
1. Cube apple; seed and chop the orange; quarter grapes; set all aside
2. Wash the cranberries, remove stems, and place in a saucepan. Stir in sugar, cranberry juice, orange juice, vinegar, allspice, and cinnamon sticks.
3. Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook 15 minutes or until berries pop.
4. Add the fruits, nuts, and onions. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens ( about 10 minutes.)
5. Discard cinnamon sticks and cool . Can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks. Serve cold.