For the Whip Cream 2 cups organic, heavy cream 1/2 cup organic white sugar or 1/4 cup honey 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
How You'll Do It 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two square or round cake pans with parchment, then thoroughly grease them and dust with cocoa powder.
2. In a large bowl whisk or beat the 4 cold eggs until very light and frothy, 3-5 minutes.
3. In a second smaller bowl, stir together oil, honey, milk and vanilla. While mixer is still running, at about medium speed, slowly pour in liquid ingredients. Beat everything together for approx. 2 more minutes.
4. In a third bowl, mix together coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Turn mixer down to low and gradually add dry ingredients and continue to mix until just combined.
5. Scrape down sides of bowl making sure all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. Divide batter between the two prepared cake pans. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes on center rack. Check for doneness by inserting toothpick into center of cakes. If it comes out clean they're done.
6. Immediately remove cakes from pans and allow to cool. Frost as desired.
7. The whip cream ingredients are just a general guideline. Use more or less depending on how much whip cream you want. The amounts I've included above should be enough for "icing" this cake. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until a soft, but thick whip cream has formed. Be careful to not over beat mixture or it will begin to become grainy in texture.