This was a great meal. The potato recipe comes from the Veganomicon. They are fantastic and I've made a point of making them at least once a week since trying them. I love anything lemony and these are definitely lemony.
I am really loving baked tofu. I definitely recommend it to anyone who is hesitant to try tofu. It's an easy way to prepare it and one of the most intensely flavorful and versatile. I've amassed about fifteen different recipes for baked tofu and even though we only have tofu once or twice a month now, we usually have it baked. It is a fail-proof way of making tofu taste great.
I paired the tofu and local potatoes with tiny baby squashes from the farmer's market; they were too adorable not to buy.
lemon-roasted Greek potatoes: 3 lb. potatoes, wedged or cubed 1/4 c. olive oil 6 cloves garlic, chopped 1/2 c. lemon juice 1 c. vegetable broth 1 T. fresh or 2 t. dry oregano 2 t. salt 1 t. tomato paste
instructions 1. Preheat the oven the 375F. Layer the tofu in an oiled 9x13 baking dish.
2. Pour the BBQ sauce over the tofu, then turn the tofu to coat it fully with the sauce.
3. Combine the potato ingredients and place in a square baking dish.
4. Place the tofu and the potatoes in the oven and cook for 30 minutes with the potatoes covered. Turn the tofu over halfway through the cooking time.
5. Remove the tofu from the oven, but keep it covered so it will stay hot. Uncover the potatoes and cook for another 15-20 minutes, until easily pierced.
6. Serve the BBQ tofu and potatoes with plenty of vegetables and/or a salad.